Monday, January 28, 2013

Crochet for charity

So I have been hard at work recently creating many crochet squares to donate to HANNAH'S FOUNDATION. The plan is for them to organise as many squares as they can and to sew them into blankets. These wonderful "memory blankets" will be auctioned later in 2013 with all proceeds going to HANNAH'S FOUNDATION.

I have made 11 squares so far. I am aiming for a contribution of 30+ squares. I have found most of my patterns on ravelry. My second favourite website.. Closely following pintrest!

Below are pictures of my squares. I will jump on my laptop tomorrow and add the links to the people who created the pattern. You must give credit where credit is due!



This is your basic granny square.

Same with this one

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/supernova


And this one I am having trouble finding the link to. I am pretty sure it was created by a very talented crochetville member though. And I am equally as sure that I found it on ravelry. Either way I will keep looking and post it when I find it.

www.yarncrazy.com/pavo

www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-crocodile-flower


www.freewebs.com/bethintx/corneredheartssquare.htm

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crown-jewels---12-square

This is the catherine wheel stitch. You can find video instructions on Youtube

www.tiggerbee.blogspot.com.au/2010/01/on-huh-crochet-square.html?m=1
This was one i winged. its based on some pics i have seen of a stained glass square. I didn't get it quite right and I am not entirely happy with it.. But meh..

No comments:

Post a Comment